Blah Blah Blah Part I

Well, 17 days

17 days with not one day the same as the rest, well except for the fact that Miss C would get naked at 10 am and beg to go in the pool and manage to scrape the same knee over and over...
She looks like a veteran from some old war flick..

Well, we arrived on a Friday. The plane ride was good, nothing too stressful until we had to land. Miss C refused to put her tray table up as well as her seatbelt. All hell broke loose, she cried, she screamed, she frightened other passengers, flight attendants, u name it. People gave us those looks!! U know what looks....the "what a spoiled brat" look. How did Miss C calm down? She sat in a total stranger's lap. The lady was kind enough to sit Miss C on her lap and calm her down, and I was mortified. The nice lady is like "hey, don't worry, I have two nephews who are real hard to deal with". (sigh) I just tried to not die of utter embarrassment and mortification.

So we get off, get picked up, and the next few days are spent in parks, flea markets ::drooling::, etc. etc. Miss C is being such a good girl, except for the naked part and the suicidal border jumping on the trampoline, which she flew off of the following days.

That next week we visited two schools, one which I fell in love with. Just beautiful and the services they provide for children with special needs is super!!!! They treated us so nice and I could totally see myself taking Miss C there...

************************

Apart from the school things and apartment searching, which i will post about later, we went to plenty of parks, but during the weeknights when we were at my ex in laws house, there wasn't much to do. So what is a girl like me to do?????? Go to the 24 hour Walmart as many times as it is humanly possible. I must admit, here in PR I neeeeeeeeeeeeeever go to Walmart. It is tooo far, too crowded. In Haines City, Florida, Walmart is the land of sales!! vintage t shirts!! and digital fotos for 19 cents!!! oh home of many late night trips to pick up Star, People, Us Weekly and all other tabloid crap magazines. Ask me anything??? Should Angelina fly her plane so late in her pregnancy?? How will Katie Holmes give birth??? What is the problem with Oprah and her weight??? Is Britney pregnant again????

::shaking head in shame:: what else was there to do at night?????
Well I did also pick up The Davinci Code: it's not all it's cracked up to be.

I did also catch up on some old X Files episodes. I saw one about killer roaches that was totally disgusting!!! (Carolyn, they were straight out of ur Yucky encyclopedia!!).

*****************

I have to recap on some important moments during our 17 days with more detail, but I will share this one cuz it's worth sharing soon....

Miss C has 4 cousins over there, 3 older boys and one girl who is going to be 5 shortly. The little girl and one of the boys live at the house we were staying and the other 2 boys live across the street, so they are usually all together.

Miss C is a control freak. She knows exactly the amount of ponies she has, or blocks, or clothes pins, and if one is missing she will know, and if someone takes one away from her, all hell will break loose. It is very seldom that Miss C would want something that doesn't belong to her and she does not like people aka other kids meddling in her business.

Her little cousin is somewhat of a difficult child at times. She is very bright, smart, talks a lot, but like all children at her age, has a hard time sharing and wants what all other kids want.

Example: Miss C asks for milk, she will also ask. She will question why her glass is one color and Miss C's is another, etc. etc. (note: sometimes this wears you out thin, know what I mean)

This little girl, is also a hissyfitter. She will threaten to break things, tell u to shut up, etc. etc. Things I do not tolerate in children, but who am I to meddle in the upbringing of children other than mine.

Anyway, one sunny afternoon ::birds chirping in the background, bees a buzzing:: Miss C, her cousin and her boy cousin are in the pool. I am inside doing other business and then the sirens went off:

"whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!"

Histerical screaming, sobbing, yelling etc. but it is not Miss C....
2 seconds later, Miss C joins in.

That was my cue, so I run outside. Miss C was crying in the pool and her grandma had scolded her, and I look and see her girl cousin holding her arm, screaming and crying.

Miss C had bit her. VERY HARD.

Now, let me clarify, I do not applaud this kind of behavior from Miss C. When she bites me or anyother person she is scolded and punished. It is not permitted. But when Miss C bites, it is when she is at wits end. Understand people, that Miss C cannot verbally communicate with ease, and when she is teased and bothered over and over and over, she will defend herself in the most accessible way she can: Biting the hell outta u.

Since her grandma had already made her cry I just told her what she did was wrong. But I had to get down to the bottom of this issue so I ask the only key witness, her boy cousin:

His version:

"Miss C wanted to put her toy bunny (property of Miss C) in the pool and girl cousin didn't want her to, after many times of not letting Miss C do what she wanted to do with her toy, Miss C bit her"

Self defense my people. The juror finds Miss C : NOT GUILTY.

As bad, wicked and sick as it may sound I couldn't help but grin, a chesire cat grin!!!

Miss C knows how to kick ass!!

Then later on, for the rest of the night the little girl kept saying how Miss C had bit her and how the cops should take her away and punish her blah blah blah...to which I told her, "yes, what she did was wrong, but you were bothering her, so you must learn to tell the whole story".

Case closed.

But since kids are kids, in and hour they forgot the incident and found another reason for fighting:

My little Pony....

U should've seen all the hair I was losing trying to keep the peace..

Newer Post Older Post Home