"I reminisce for sec...let's take it back..22 years ago to keep it on track..."

By: Pete Rock and CL Smooth...

That's a part of one of my favorite songs...from the past...and since i'm gonna reminisce i thought it was appropiate...

but before i go into that...
JOB UPDATE: i still have my job...but not without giving my boss a piece of my mind...we'll see how it goes on tuesday...
******************************
Anywhoot..back to the matter at hand...
This weekend, President's weekend..was the most civilized weekend..and past flashback weekend i've had in a loooong time...

Friday: Miss C's dad came back from his trip..picked her up at school...took "us" (yeah us) to go eat and to Chucky Cheese...::gasp:: Yes, I was civilized..no we did not fight....

Saturday: A good friend from the states, who I grew up with is in Puerto Rico, she is visiting her parents, because she is about to give birth to her 3rd child (she is 26 with 3 kids....lord!)..and it is going to be her first girl!!!..well anyway..she dropped by an invite to her baby shower...it was kinda of far away..and i wasnt gonna go...but.... my mom kept nagging me to go, cuz she wanted to go...my parents and my friends parents were really close..we lived next door to each other back in Jersey...

So..as I was saying...I decided to go cuz:

My ex..offered to go along..to help me with Miss C...and invited me to a 80's themed party later on that night...I usually dont go out to anything that is related to my past..but I needed to get out of the house...

So i figured..if i'd go to the babyshower..my mom would be happy..and later gladly babysit Miss C...

Let's make a small parentesis here:

Before getting there we stopped to buy a gift..and I saw: The Audrey Hepburn Movie Collection, which included "Roman Holiday"..............!!!! So i took it and my ex made fun of me all the way to the shower because of it....(these are the moments i understand why i filed for a D)...

Allright Close Parentesis...

So we got there..I saw my girl!! She is sooo huge..and happy and as always nice, she still manages to be the same lovely girl i became close friends with...we talked about how we used to hang out on the corner store and buy 25 Cent icecreams and French Fries at the Chinese Place...we laughed and had a marvelous time...in between stories..my ex thought it was a good idea to feed me liquor...I dont usually drink..but i was ::gasp:: happy..so i had half a bottle of wine....::sigh::

Anyway..we drove back...put Miss C to bed...got dressed and headed out for this 80's party..it was an album release party for a friend of ours..and NO ONE knew i was going...

After managing the huge hill and unsteady streets with my stilletos (hey..i had to look fab!!)..we got to the spot...i admit..i was nervous..the last time i've seen this crowd was 3 years ago, before Miss C....but it was great!!!

As soon as i got there everyone was yelling and hugging and kissing and gasping their mouths wide open: Oh my God!!! u!!!!! where have u been???..blah blah...
Even the owner of the club was like:

"who the hell is sheeeeeee???"...hahaha....but the best part of the night were....

Seeing my favorite student there..(I used to be a volunteer teacher at an Arts Center)...and it was so weird seeing him..I felt soooo old...

And as i was walking in, the wife of one of my best buddy's was there...she did not know, like anyone else, that i was coming...and when we saw each other it was like a zillion words, squeals and giggles in like 50 seconds:

"OMFG!!!! OMG!!!! Your hair!!!u have no hair!!! I like !!" she said

and I'm like "YOOOOOOOO, OMFG.............How r u??? what r u doing?".....

We hung out all night..drank a bit too much...sang, danced and made fun of every hoochie mama that was in the spot..

**Hoochie mama-another term for skank..or cladly dressed woman**

End of story:
I ended up with swollen, aching feet...a sore throat and a mass headache....but it was all worth reminiscing for a while...and oddly enough I thank my ex for a really nice night out...

Newer Post Older Post Home