Festivities Under Way

Yeah..the partay's have begun...

Not like I'm much of a partay animal anymore..
But I'm still a sucker for a good time...

Yesterday was Miss C's school X-mas partay....
I was in charge of baking a cake...which ended up being a store bought one...due to lack of time...

don't give me that look....no one complained...
It was good....

We were also supposed to bring a wrapped gift to give to our kids in the class...

Food, rice, and cake...at 8am...

We Puertoricans like to get an early start...

So..there was an inflatable....about 3 kids...(Miss C's class is only of 6 children...3 were absent due to colds), parents and teachers...

The kid's had a good time...and Miss C was loaded with gifts...her teacher, that adorable-god-bless-her-soul-woman, got her a lil' castle with a princess...momma got her a Lil' Pet Shop thing-a-ma-bob, and one of the parents got her a beautiful My Lil' Pony..

::gags::

Miss C hugged and kissed all her toys....

It was all splendid...

Until I had to take her to the office with me after the shindig was over...

She was hopping all over the place....going up stairs...touching stuff..just a real gem...

I ended the crisis by taking over the Huge 40-something flat screen TV in the living room of my boss' house and putting on some cartoons...

Imagine that..Cartoons almost her size...!! Miss C was in Couch Potatoe Heaven...

After work I stopped by at my In-laws...aka' True's House...because I had church at 8 and it made no sense driving all the say up home..to drive back down 20 minutes later...so True told me to stop by..take a shower, have dinner, etc. etc.

AW man...!! let me just say...My In-Laws are great!! These two beings are so caring, nice, humble...it's amazing...they treat me and Miss C like part of the family...and it's so endearing to have a family, especially when mine is so estranged...

They especially love Miss C...and vice-versa...they treat her and spoil her....with things she ISN'T supposed to eat...but we'll teach them.

We'll teach them that Chocolate, or Gluten Infested Cookies are prohibited...

Soon enough we'll fix that...

Nevertheless, with all the niceness and comfort..I didn't dare take a shower. I mean, I didn't wanna seem all loosey-goosey. And I always think of Vader in these situations. I remmember once, one of my brother's girlfriends came over and wanted to take a shower before heading out to the movies...(she had just come off work) and my mother was outraged...

"Well...young folk sure have lost their manners..this kid is gonna take a shower in MY House!!"

So, you see why taking a shower at True's House was kinda of awkward to me.

Even if his mom told me to go take one a million times...and added I could go to the spare room to nap....

So anywhoot...as we headed out the door to go to church...some sort of a phenomenon happened...

Miss C didn't wanna go. She wanted to stay.

Folks...this is BIG.

Miss C never wants to stay anywhere strange where I am not present.
Miss C has never stayed anywhere besides my mom's place and her dad's....

I naturally panicked..

"No...No...Miss C...you're coming with Mom and True"

"No..." ::clinging on to my MIL legs...

True and I exchanged glances...

"She can stay...go on!!"
True's Mom...all smiles..

"Allright, let's go"
True

"Allright let's go?? No..No...we can't go!! she is gonna go bonkers..and go psycho on your mom..You guys don't understand" Me

"She'll be ok" True and MIL

"Miss C...mom is leaving...I won't be back for a while...why don't you come with mom?"

"No...mother bye bye..see ya' later"


We left her.

and I think I ate half my fingers in that drive to church...

and checked my phone ten thousand times..

When we came back, Miss C was the best behaved lil' girl on the planet. Both True's parents were surprised, because we've mentioned how bad it can get, but last night she was awesome. They even took her to the neighbors to show her. They are really nice to Miss C. Their grandkids are in the states and they are both boys. So Miss C is like a treat. My MIL even said she was her grandma' last week when someone asked her.

::blush::


Now she's volunteered to look after her if we ever wanna do something on the weekend...

Vader is gonna have a titty attack when she finds out.

And I am gonna have to stock up on some Vicodin and Valium to be able to contain myself...

Newer Post Older Post Home