Where were we???

Oh yeah.


We went to my crib.

So...after putting Miss C to sleep and wrapping up some last minute gifts..we called it a night..

Mommy needed some ZzzZzz's...ASAP.


We slept in till' about 11am..

Miss C rolled out of bed..but had no notion what day it was...

I scurried downstairs to get my camera and we sat around the tree so she could open up her presents..

As she opened each one she squealed:

"This is my pony!!!"
...only to find out that there were no ponies in ANY of the gifts that were there...

She immediately wanted to keep on going...

"More Presents!!" she whined...

and I couldn't help but feel a pang of guilt that I didn't get her, her 1000th pony..

True assured me that she didn't need another one.

So..after the excitement I decided to make a good hearty breakfast consisting of delicious-savory pancakes...

But Miss C kept on whining that she wanted more presents...she wanted a PONY.

Our breakfast was interrupted by my ex-neighbor who had stopped by with a gift for Miss C....

As I crept downstairs to reluctantly open the gate...because folks..I wanted to have breakfast and chill..not have guests over...My OTHER neighbor...Watchtower lady...scurried over with another gift..

Miss C is one lucky lady....

My ex-neighbor got her a playset with like 10 ponies...
She almost had a stroke from all the excitement..

Miss C quickly forgot about all the other lame-ass gifts her mother got her and went into pony extasis...

Next year her ass is getting coal.


After all the pony bliss we got ready to head out to the In-laws again. No point in staying home if both my parents were working..

After a nice afternoon there, where Miss C has quickly gained confidence and is no longer shy in asking for food and juice and milk and soda...Vader called and I was off to hang with her.

The Ex showed with gifts for Miss C and we all exchanged presents...nothing really exciting...except for the fact that Miss C was having a fit playing Elephun with Vietnam...she smacked his ass with the net everytime he caught more butterflies than her..

::scratch out idea of Tae-kwon-doe classes::

An hour later I dropped Vader back at home...

And I was back at my crib with a whole crap load of wrapping paper, boxes and toys galore...

I thought about my weekend...and how awesome it was...

At church on Sunday they asked..."How do we feel the splendor of God in our lives?"

And I didn't know how to quite answer that...

But if you asked me now, I'd answer:

"I feel the splendor because in a time like this, where X-mas is usually the Holiday I hate, the most lonely and saddest time of the year for me...the time where I have no family....God sent me a different family....a family who has opened their home and their hearts and have made me feel like I don't need anything else to make me feel complete"...

And even if the rest of the evening...the night got shot to sh*t..over some stupid a** situation....(those who read my previous post, know I was pissed)...even if I wanted to bash someone's skull in or set someone's finger's on fire...deep down inside as I was nestled in my bed....in between the rage and fury and homicidal instincts...a sense of peace crept in....

And it was all good.

Newer Post Older Post Home