Torn

I'm torn.

I have no idea how to make everyone happy this X-mas...

The ideal solution would be to tear myself into lil' pieces and everyone can then have a piece of me...

Vader called last night. Asked if I wanted to come over to wrap gifts. I had stuff to do, so I declined her offer. Vader scoffed...

"...Ohhhh..yeah yeah...you're buuusy....so...finally what are you people gonna do on the Holidays? You and your brother...because I haven't made plans waiting on you guys. That's IF you wanna spend time with your mother".


Note the sarcastic Undertone.

People. Let me explain. My parents, since we moved to Puerto Rico, have NEVER spent a Christmas with us. Both of my parents work the whole season. It's a high season at the Restaurants (aka Lechoneras) they work at. And they always work. So my bro and I got used to the idea of spending the Holidays alone. Sleeping, eating, watching TV and then seeing our parents real late, when they are cranky and tired...open up presents and see them fall asleep.

So...why is it that NOWWWWWW...that I have plans....Vader wants to hang out.

The thing is, Vader and Vietnam are gonna be working.

So Vader wants me to cancel my plans and spend the whole day by myself just so I can spend two hours with her in the evening.

True and I don't have definite plans, but his parents are traveling west and have indirectly invited us.

I'll be honest, and may I be struck by lightening, but I'd much rather take my chances with my in-laws and unknown relatives....

than to be stuck at home watching Infomercials and A Christmas Story on Turner Classics....

She wants me to feel guilty.

Well it won't work.


Ok.

I lied.


I do feel a tinge of guilt.

Otherwise this post wouldn't be titled "Torn".

There's gonna be some reasonable way to figure this out....

But I'm gonna stock up on some snowcaps and popcorn just in case...

Newer Post Older Post Home