X-mas Meme

I stole this from Michelle...Mom with Attitude

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Depends on the gift...but I love gift bags..with lots of tissue and a cute tie!

2. Real tree or artificial? I got a fake one..our holidays are too long for a real tree to survive in my house

3. When do you put up the tree? Thanksgiving Day....no matter how K-otic it might all be...it's our tradition!

4. When do you take your tree down? The second weekend following the Three King's Day...

5. Do you like eggnog? Nope..we don't have eggnog here...we have Coquito...Yum!!!

6. Favorite gift received as a child? Wow..it would have to be a talking Alf I wanted so badly and The New Kids on the Blocks Dolls

7. Do you have a nativity scene? I have several..I collect them...

8. Hardest person to buy for? Significant other..it's always hard to buy for your boyfriend

9. Easiest person to buy for? Miss C....she's at the age where she loves everything...

10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? some used CD's....see here

11. Mail or email Christmas cards? I like Mail..but I don't have the time...

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation for a laugh and A Christmas Story....

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? First week of November when I get my X-mas Club...I like to do everything early..

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? X-mas sprinkled cookies..sugar cookies..

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Clear lights...but I have a few colored ones around...

17. Favorite Christmas song? Have yourself a Merry Little Christmas by Frank Sinatra...and 12 days of Christmas because it can annoy the 'ef' out of people...

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? I'd love to travel..but I usually stay at home

19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? Good question...Let's see...Dasher, Donder, Cupid, Vixen, Rudolph, Blitzen...and lord knows I forgot some...

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? A Huge Ribbon Bow

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning. Vader stood by the tree with a sawed-off shotgun on X-mas Eve.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Traffic...people in the stores causing all kinds of messes....

23. Favorite Christmas Memory? When I already knew Santa wasn't real, and I saw both my parents, being civilized putting presents under our tree...and when my dad took time to answer my letters.

24. Favorite memory involving your kids?? It would have to be a tie between last year and this year....Last year Miss C finally understood the whole open-up presents thing....the previous years she just sat there blank-faced with all the presents and we had to open them for her...to which she did not react at all..

This year the few gifts she has received early she has opened with great enthusiasm..kissing the boxes and hugging her gifts...

And everytime a toy commercial comes on she goes: For Miss C Holiday!!


Ain't no better memory than that!

Newer Post Older Post Home