In life, we have our usual contenders for "Thank you's"...U know who they are ...Our friends, family, neighbors, blah blah...

People who have made a difference in our lives and have made us wanna be a better person...

Which is good.
I'm not complaining.
I've had my share of people like that.

But I also have my share of people I'd like to thank for all the wrong reasons. People who have influenced me in the worst of ways, people who don't know they changed my life, for better or worse, people who think they are insignificant with their actions but have managed to leave an imprint in my lil' life on earth...

These are the people who no one, not even them, expect to be thanked.

Friday's Four: Un-Likely Thanx Edition

1. Mr. Breslow, my Vice-Principal back in Elementary School. He made our life a living hell with his pants way up high on his waist, almost like a jumper made of bad polyester, and yelling at the lunch line, "Move da' line....MOVE THE LINE".

Frankly I thought he was a pain in the ass making us move and shuffle our feet at the ridiculous lunch line.

I now understand and see myself using this phrase more then I would care to admit.
At the slow ass bank with 30 customers and 2 tellers: "Move the line!"
At the drive-thru with 8 cars moving at a ratio of 2 every 15 minutes: "Move the line!!"
In traffic when the light turns green and the guy in the car before you finds whatever is in his nose more interesting than moving on foward:

"Move the line!!"


Mr. Breslow, I now know that a fast moving line...is a happy moving line..

2. The little old lady who waits until the cashier rings up her Loaf of Wheat Bread, her cat food and gallon of low-fat milk, to decide she wants to pay in change. Change meaning nickels and pennies, change as in, scattered change in random parts of her purse.

Thank you.

I now know what my goal isn't when I reach that age.

3. The f*ckers who don't use their blinkers. I thank you because you have made me acquire psychic abilities I didn't know I had. I can know predict which way you are going to turn just by feeding off the vibe of your car. Thank you. My next goal is to be able to further develop these skills to be able to predict when you are going to abruptly cut me off and almost kill me in traffic.


4. For the people who said I couldn't, I can't, I won't, I didn't. You are the ones that instead of wishing you the worse, I wish you a long life. I thank you because you are the ones that motivate me and make me want, can and do, yesterday, today and tomorrow.

Suckas!!

Have a great weekend folks...!!!

***
Thought for the day: Who wants to be normal?

Newer Post Older Post Home