Hip Hop Don't Stop...

Well Well Well..

It seems like someone has been out & about.

Yesterday True gave me a call talkin' bout some Festival/Show of some people we know near my house...at the college near my house...

He asked if he could stop over after the Festival since he was gonna be so close by.
I asked if I could actually go to the Festival.

Mommy needed a night out away from Miss C.
Get the pic??
(Insert marker face image here from previous night)

So I ask Vader...Mom. And she says Yes.

Not before giving me the rundown on how it's a weeknight and she's tired and blah blah blah....

So I get dressed, True picks me up and we're off.

It starts to rain.
Hard.
We are headed to an outdoors activity.
My hair and make up is nice.

"I am gonna melt, this isn't how it's supposed to go down!!" I whine.

We get there, True has no idea where exactly is this event. We find out it's in the student parking, so after deciding I would wear True's jacket on my head and not get my hair wet, we head out.

The activity was a Festival with different musical acts and one of those guests happened to be friend's of True, and accquaintances of mine, a political rap group called Intifada. I say accquaintances, because when I was in the music biz..my group and that group had lots of ego issues. But it's all good and I hold no grudge. I just came to enjoy the music and I do think they are talented, so go head'.

As soon as they saw us, they said "HI". We obviously got odd stares because no one can picture me hanging out with someone as mellow as True. You guys have no idea how I used to be.....::shaking head::

The rain let up...and a few acts took place...everything was cool...so I decided to hit Empress up..she was nearby so she stopped by....just in time to catch Intifada's performance. They were kinda of pissed when they came on because before stepping up on stage they were warned that they couldn't curse or such, or they would not get paid. Funny because the crack-act before them, that made my ears bleed, talked about 'oral sex' and said 'Holy Shit' more times than I care to remember.

Intifada's performance, by my standard's was hot. Of course, many college students don't understand the complexity of the political statements in the songs so there was a luke warm reception. And "L" made it very clear by giving thanks for all the 'standing ovations'... I also found it hilarious that "L", the lead emcee, made it clear many times how they were being censored and how they wouldn't get paid if they cursed...he apologized many times for his...publically.

I know the event organizer's were having a cow with this one.

Of course I had my cam....and took as many pictures as I could before my batteries completely died out.

And I know you'd all like to see...so here goes...



  

  

  

  




  

  

  

  




  

  

  

  



Newer Post Older Post Home