School Supplies

I have been meaning to get my school shopping underway. I am usually the first one to get my shit together and have everything set by this date. Alas, by situations out of my control aka Murphy tha muthelfucka, I have been set back.

I can always go shop and take public transportation, but taking public transportation with a 4 year old on this Island is the equivalent of sticking your head out of moving vechicle as it passes another car aka pure suicide.

This morning I went to Walmart, before I got to work. No. I still don't have the Death Van revived, but my Boss lent me her wheels. So I go in, scan the area, and nada, zip, zero.

None of the things on my list were there.
What kinda of fucking Walmart are you?
What kind of list of supplies do I have..?
shoot.

1. Fotocopy Paper (500 sheets)
2. Play Doh Clay
3. Finger Pain
4. 8 onz Color Paint in Primary Colors
5. Yarn
6. Crayola Big Crayons (They have to say Big) and I have to buy like 3 packs, cuz Miss C is an expert at making them Vamoosh!
7. UHU Glue but the kind that says "POWER" (Which by the way, I did not find last year)
8. White Glue
9. Shaving Cream
10. Contac Paper
11. Body lotion with fruity smell
12. Toothpaste
13. Toothbrush
14. Handy wipes
15. Toilet Paper
16. Mop or Broom, choose one
17. Bounty Select a Size...yes, she asks for brand names
18. Latex gloves, for those kids who are still in diapers, like Miss C
19. Lysol Liquid Cleaner
20. 13 gallon Garbage Bags
21. Anti-bacterial Dishwashing liquid
22. Anti-bacterial liquid soap

This without counting on the Uniforms, shoes, bookbag, lunchbag.

and this list is double: Cuz she has Daycare in the afternoon and they ask for supplies as well....

Aint that dandy...

So, Saturday I am on the hunt for these "exclusive" school supplies....Fuck Dead Man's Chest...this is like the scavenger Hunt of the season...that and the Hunt for Death Van Working...

****
Thought of the day: We live in a Tropical Island...so why do people where socks with their sandals?

**School Update**
"A" took me out for our traditional Wednesday lunch. I told him about my school supply mission this weekend. His take: Let's go now. We have a couple stores in the area. I'll pay.

"You'll pay for what??" MOI

"I'll pay for the school supplies...I wanna help." "A"

Me being the independent ass that I am, let him pay one of the minor bills, but I paid for the rest. He kept on insisting in each store. It was a pretty sweet gesture though. Especially sweet to Miss C.

Insert "AWWW" here.

Newer Post Older Post Home