You said I'm gonna buy this place and burn it down
I'm gonna put it six feet underground
I'm gonna buy this place and watch it fall
Stand here beside me baby in the crumbling walls
Oh I'm gonna buy this place and start a fire
Stand here until I fill all your hearts desire
Because I'm gonna buy this place and see it burn
And do back the things it did to you in return


You said I'm gonna buy a gun and start a war
If you can tell me something worth fighting for
Oh and I'm gonna buy this place is what I said
Blame it upon a rush of blood to the head


A Rush of Blood to the Head
Coldplay


Suicide Bomber kills 21
Beirut Attacks Continue


Those are just some of the titles that grace our paper's World News Section, waaaay in the ending pages of the paper, where no one really seems to turn to.

Sad. Ain't it.

What's my take?

I have no take.

I think it's all wrong, from every standpoint.
I think it's sad that no ones gives a shit unless Oil is involved, so everyone can keep on driving their 4x4's and big ass Excursion's on their lil' driveways in their picket fenced neighborhoods.

I think it's depressing to know that my daughter is gonna be stuck with this piece of crap world and that there will be little for her to do but sit back and watch.

It sickens me to see all these images of blood-covered children being carried and mourned.

It embarrases me to see all these things and hear people call themselves humans. There is more humanity in a rock.

It's a vicious circle...he said, she said. Everyone wants domination at whatever cost. Everyone wants everyone else to think alike. If that was "God" or whomever's intention from the beginning, he/she/it would have made us all alike.

What is wrong about being different?
What is wrong with having different ideas, cultures, religions, sexual orientations, etc???
What is the deal with this big ass POWERTRIP?

It's easy to say, well that doesn't affect us. Like Art said, and may I add, he was the inspiration for this post, many people say that, and wonder that until they have children, then everything changes. For me, I would say things changed when I went to college and actually mixed with all sorts of people and fed on all types of situations. I realized that you can't force anyone to think like you, or to be like you, there are ideas hardwired into each and everybody's brain, that can't be re-wired. But I also realized that with this difference there has to be a level of respect and understanding and most of all that:

Everything, EVERYTHING, in the long run affects us.

In a place and time where we have technology so advanced we can talk to anyone, anywhere, we can download music, movies, we can see people through webcams, we can have blogs and touch different lives around the globe, it is sad to see we are condemned for :

Thinking Outside the Box

I don't know if this make any sense at all...it might be some non-sense contradictory babble. But it's my babble.

I once wrote an essay titled : Politiks and Bullshit
That title is still so fresh and appropiate.

Newer Post Older Post Home